Winston Village Hall
Winston Village Hall was funded and purpose built by local residents in 1954 as a memorial hall to serve the local community. It was officially opened in 1955. The hall is operated as a charitable organisation run by a management committee of trustees. The trustees are made up of both appointed representatives from the local organisations that use the hall and elected members. The aim of the hall is to provide a maintained facility that is available for use by local organisations and individuals.
The hall has been extensively refurbished and modernised and its size and layout make it an ideal venue for private and public meetings, events and functions; both large and small. The hall has also achieved the highest national quality standard for village halls, Hallmark 3, which validates the high standard of the facilities and the effectiveness of the management committee and trustees in running the hall for the benefit of the local community.
The Hall is the main meeting place for the community and is regularly used for a number of activities including: Exercise Classes, Art Classes, Lunch Club and Young Farmers Club meetings, as well as social and fund raising events. It is also available for private hire and is used for wedding receptions, wedding anniversaries and birthday parties for all ages from 4 to 90. A high class caterer can also be arranged for that special social or private event.
The committee welcome new users of the hall, both organisations and individuals, as well as ideas on how the hall can further support local residents and groups make the most of this excellent facility. Those interested in supporting the Village Hall by giving time or perhaps by becoming a Trustee are most welcome. To find out more about Winston Village Hall or the workings of the Trustees please visit the web site www.winstonvillagehall.org.uk or contact either:
Chris Walshaw (Chair) 01325 730269 or Annie Dolphin (Secretary) 01325 730912